Updating CHIME post is NOT resolved

Trying to change the ring tone on our secondary device, I’m this case the product is plugged into our kitchen right next to router so VERY STRONG signal, and it plays the chime, but nothing happens when you press “test”. Then you go to back out and it says “[Device Name] is installing an update. This may take up to 15 minutes”. But it never updates. I close out, THEN it plays the original ringtone i had, however many times I had pressed “test”, yet will not update to the new tone. String Wi-Fi, unplugged and reset, reinstalled everything, to no avail. Then search the web for answers and all I find were “Resolved! Thread closed” - lol. Very unprofessional, and poor customer service.

Hi @user26788. Try connecting your Ring Chime to a WiFi hotspot and let it complete the firmware update. Once the update has completed, you can change the WiFi network to your homes network. If this doesn’t resolve your concern, you can reach out to our support team for further guidance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.