Updates relavant

No matter what I do my ring doorbell won’t update or connect - does this first gen doorbell still work? I’m looking for HONEST answers - is this old and updates aren’t forthcoming? Should I buy a newer version? Are these things obsolete after a few years? There was a rainstorm last night and the outer casing was soaked! But I didn’t hear internal water damage. The base of it is scratched up and I’m not sure why, maybe birds.

Hi there, @through4u! The best next step here will be to reset your Video Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Just in case the battery is drained, try charging this Doorbell for several hours, then test functionality. If this concern persists, our support team is happy to take a more in-depth look.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.