Update with no warning forcing two step authentication

My daughter called me, home alone, letting me know there was a strange truck in the drive. Man got out of truck and rang the doorbell. I said, “No problem. I will answer on the app.” Only I couldn’t. The app forced me into the two step authentication, and I couldn’t answer the doorbell ring. It captured no video, just 40 seconds of black, when the person rang the bell, so I still don’t know who it was.

Hi @MZFarmall140. I’m sorry to hear you weren’t able to view who was at the door, but I’d be happy to offer some helpful suggestions so you can get the most out of your Ring Doorbell. Regarding the two step verification, once you sign into your Ring account on the Ring App you should remain logged in unless you manually log out. This way you don’t have to sign in the next time you open the Ring App to check the Live View or answer a notification. You can read more about two step verification in our Help Center Article here.

Regarding the black video, you can find a detailed list of troubleshooting steps here for when your Ring videos aren’t showing or when you aren’t able to get the Live View to connect. This should help you narrow down what the cause of the video not working may be. If that doesn’t help resolve this concern, you can always reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. I hope this helps. :slight_smile: