Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Update broke my Ring Doorbell, and have warranty on other Ring prods
negative-feedback
battery-video-doorbell
device-settings
*My **Ring Doorbell catastrophically crashed, after its own “self-update” today.*** So it committed suicide, by its own manufacturer update. From Ring’s update. I called customer service and they say that since warranty is over, I must buy a new one! (1 1/2 hrs on phone.) WAIT. NO CAN DO. —-I said,YOUR UPDATE BROKE YOUR PRODUCT. —->You break it, YOU fix it. So angry! (I don’t think that it’s legal to cause a product to break and then demand that the customer buys another??! My doorbell was put away for a few years, and prior it worked great. It also connected to chime pro this morning, which also updated. Then, it updated and that lasted a long time and then it wouldn’t revive. I mean: Their updates crashed their own product! Someone needs to get them straight on that. If they are crashing their own products, by their updates, they need to fix them or replace. That’s law, in America. If they don’t, there needs to be a class action suit? Or attention to Attorney General. I have A LOT of Ring products, so many. This is unconscionable, and unacceptable. Reply if this also happened to you. I really am not okay with this customer treatment.

07-12-2023 02:03:11

Responses (2)

T
Hi @user70129. When updates are performed on Ring devices, it's generally to improve the device or implement a fix of some sort. If your device suddenly stops working after an update, we'd love to look into this for you. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

08-12-2023 04:30:38

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

07-01-2024 04:31:18

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User