Unverified Motion and black screen

Every once in a while I get an unverified motion detection. When I view the playback the screen is black and nothing is on the recording. Please help! This is happening more and more

Hey @Alittle1096. These events will have a black playback as they are an unverified motion events (false motion) and there is not a recording to play with it. If you see an increase of these, I recommend turning this feature off, or being in contact with our support team. You can learn more about this feature in our Help Center Article here.

I’ve been having the same problem since yesterday afternoon. It was working fine & then it started doing the “unverified motion event” every time someone is out the there and all I see is a black screen. I can see all other recordings prior to yesterday afternoon.

Hi @Ritz1315. Yesterday we were experiencing issues with our Processing Infrastructure which resulted in delays in our Ring devices. This has since been resolved and everything should be back to normal.

If you are still experiencing delays, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am new to Ring. I am hearing impaired and calling is difficult.
I am having this same issue.
I tried to chat, but it cut me off, saying I needed TO CALL. Is there a way to email? I need help and calling is so hard. I just have a cell phone, not a landline and no special equipment for hearing impairment/calls.

Hi @Rie123AZ. Our chat team does not offer troubleshooting support at this time. I suggest having a friend or family member assist in completing a support call.