Unhappy customer

Thank I have owned a ring doorbell for several years but recently I find I didn’t need the storage for a while so canceled my plan. I was shocked to find that in their greed the doorbell camera is pretty much worthless now. When I get a notification most of the time I can’t view it at all.

If they think this will draw me back in they are wrong. When I first received the ring camera doorbell without storage I could at least view the notifications I only lost them after I viewed them.

I stuck up an old Wyze camera and when I need more it won’t be Ring I go with so you lost a customer.

Jim Vetor

Hi there, @jlvetor123! When not subscribed to a Ring Protect Plan, the live viewing becomes crucial. The ability to live stream an event quickly is the best way to catch an event, and is best accomplished with optimal wifi signal. Check out your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app, to ensure for optimal wifi signal. I recommend also using the Rapid Ring app, as it is designed for the quickest access to live view. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My RSSL is 50 and 54, I’m using a ring pro. I’ve had no problems with live video but it is worthless after the fact. Rapid ring is much faster but also worthless after the fact. When I first bought the ring pro with no subscription I was able to view all my notifications at least once. Now none of my notifications are viewable I just get a page of IF YOU SUBSCRIBE. I can live with live camera but if in fact ring has gone to this length to make us subscribe I will no longer Use their products. If it is my fault then I’d like to fix the problem. My wi-Fi Signal is strong throughout my home like I said I’m using the ring pro and my live view is great so I don’t know what else it could be.