Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
N
Unable to Switch off Motion Schedule
trending
battery-video-doorbell
cs-support
Hi All, Has anyone experienced this issue with the Ring Doorbell? According to my Ring app, I have a Motion Schedule set up to not give me motion alerts during certain times. I recall setting something up when I first installed the device. However, I want to get alerts now, but when I try to toggle the Motion Alert button to ON, it asks me to disable the Motion Schedule first. But when I click Disable, it reverts back to the original state. If I go into Motion Schedules, there aren't any set up at all. I've uploaded a video showing what happens. ![Ring original|video](upload://nUbwxnb28gAf9d5RPAYnqbwEvDL.mp4) Can anyone suggest a solution? I've tried deleting the device and re-installing it, but it seemed to remember all previous settings. Thanks

06-09-2023 08:23:07

Responses (6)

C
Hi @NullaDave. Our team is working on resolving this issue with the Motion Schedules. If you haven't done so already, please reach out to our support team so they can gather any details necessary to troubleshoot this. If you have already contacted our support team, you don't need to do anything further. We appreciate your patience as our teams investigate this.

08-09-2023 09:05:36

M
Hi There I’m having the same issue since mid of July and have spent hours on the phone with ring trying to resolve it! All began since last app update in July I have updated to latest update yesterday and still the same issue! This is very annoying as the product is not functioning properly, a fix should be a priority yet over 1 mths ltr myself and others are having this issue of scheduling not toggling off when needed and having ghost schedule which acting like it’s there when it’s not!!! Ring pls hurry and fix this basically at this point my doorbell is USLESS!!!

09-09-2023 02:09:24

R
Hello, Just found out I’m plagued by this “ghost motion schedule” as well and no workaround for it. Any official updates/support?

12-09-2023 10:20:59

M
UPDATE!! As of last night (9/15/2023) I can again see the motion schedule I had set and can disable motion schedules with the app's "switch" when I leave the house!!! Thank you for fixing this issue!! I have been suffering with this problem on my Ring Indoor cam for a while now. I have been waiting for a response from Ring after my contact and phone calls. I am very frustrated at not being able to turn on Motion Alerts on my Ring camera when I leave the house. It says there is a Motion Schedule but I can not see it. I have deleted the camera from my account, but when I re-add it after factory resetting the camera, the invisible Motion Schedule problem is still there. This is unacceptable. It completely disables the security of having this Ring Indoor Cam!!

13-09-2023 07:54:09

M
This issue is fixed for me as of 9/15/2023!!!

16-09-2023 06:13:40

J
Hi neighbors. I would like to provide you all with an update on this concern. I have been informed that this issue has been resolved. Your Motion Schedules and Motion Alerts should be working normally now. Once again, thank you all for your time and patience.

19-09-2023 11:00:41

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User