Unable to sign up for protection plan

I’m trying to add a protection plan but it shows “No Ring Protect Plan Needed” for my device. I can view live from the app but I would like to have a protection plan so I can view past activity.

3 Likes

Hi @redchick125! You can confirm your subscription status by logging in at Ring.com, via web browser, and visiting the Plans section. You might be in the free trial period, in which you should currently be able to see past event recordings if so. If not, visit our Protect Plans page to subscribe, in which this message should not prevent you from subscribing.

For further assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hi- I tried that but continue to get the same results stating “No Ring Protect Plan Needed”. On my phone I logged into the app & it tells me my trial expired but it still won’t let me sign up. I’m not sure what to do.

2 Likes

Hey @redchick125, chiming in for Marley! When you log into Ring.com, have you ensured that you logged into the right account? If you are not seeing devices on your account or you have a plan and your app is saying you don’t, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can help pinpoint what is causing this and ensure you have an active plan on your account so you do not miss out on video storage.

1 Like

I am try8ing to sign up for the basic plan and every time i try to purchase I am unable to purchase anything. THe “purchase now” button is grey and not highlighted. Help?!

1 Like

I have the same issue. After trial expired, I can’t sign up. It says “no protection plan needed” even though everywhere else on the site that says ‘sign up’ takes me to that stupid page that won’t let me sign up. I don’t have time to waste on the phone. Please fix this. Seems like a real problem the company should be addressing. Very Frustrated!!

1 Like

Hey neighbors, if you’re unable to purchase a plan from the website, our support team over the phone can help you purchase one in no time once connected to them. For this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I’ve tried signing up for the professional plan with the app and with multiple browsers their website doesn’t work there at doesn’t work and it took about 15 minutes on the phone with a sales agent to finally sign up professional monitoring the system and support are horrible I would highly recommend another product

When logged into my account and I click on the Plans page, the page never opens. It goes to the page, but it just show spinning icon, it never opens. Tried logging in and out, tried using different browsers, same result. I get the same problem when clicking on Manage my account.

Please help!

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I even watched the tutorial on how to purchase a protection plan. Every time I go to “compare plans” and click on “subscribe” I receive this screen (attached) and it won’t let me get any further.

And, this is my account and I can see my devices, so that’s not the problem.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

1 Like

Hey neighbors. To add upon what Chelsea has said, our support staff is equipped to sign you up for the Ring Protect Plan. They’ll also be able to investigate why you are unable to complete this on your end as well. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem can y’all please fix this!!!

I have the same problem. My device doesn’t get installed for a few days I am wondering if its becuase there are no devices registered.

I’m having the same problem I click it just takes me right back to the same page I need to get my protection plan started and can’t