Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Unable to reset cameras after WiFi outage
hardwired-security-cameras
connectivity
negative-feedback
troubleshooting

Very disappointed in ring cameras. If you lose WiFi while you are not at home, your screwed. I am away for an extended period. The WiFi went out for a couple of hours then it was restored. The ring cameras will not come back on line unless you are physically there to push the setup button. So basically I have 3 cameras that are dead for months while I’m away. How ring can put out a product with this flaw is beyond me. They are in no hurry to fix this as I have read similar reviews from 2022.

15-12-2023 04:23:00

Responses (2)

S

Yeah that’s kind of hit or miss sometimes mine come back up and sometimes they don’t. I have a UPS that powers My router and my cable modem that helps in some situations and Here’s another couple different ways you can try to get them working… If your router is an Asus or Linksys or Pretty much any other major brand there’s an app you can get for it and you can try to Reboot the router through the app Most of those routers also allow you to use an additional one to wirelessly repeat the signal. It seems that having a good signal makes a difference And then, also in the Ring app under I believe it’s health or something you can try to reset the wireless signal without having to go through the steps that require the button to be pressed . I hope that helps Because just like you, I’m also gone months at a time working

15-12-2023 05:04:38

U

Thanks for the reply

15-12-2023 08:10:18

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User