Unable to reconnect to new network or change network

So I am really frustrated. Had weak signal for my flood light cam and decided to put in a mesh network instead of adding an extender. Now have good signal strength but I cannto change the network that the camera is trying to connect to and can’t figure out why. There is NO change network option under device health, only the reconnect and so when I try to reconnect it doesn’t work and I am supposing it is because it is not the correct network as the network name is still the old one. Please tell me how to fix this. Tired of trying to find answer and support is not found anywhere.

2 Likes

Hi @LivinginParadise. Try resetting the Floodlight Cam by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s complete, go to Set Up a Device in the Ring App and walk through the steps as if you were setting the Camera up for the first time. If the setup process asks you if you want to connect to a network used in a previous setup, make sure to tap no so that you can manually select the correct network name and input the password. This should do the trick for you! :slight_smile:

After following these instructions, the device wants to transfer to a new owner which it says will take up to 15 days. This is ridiculous!

Hi @Griesemerp. Are you the original owner of this device? Is it possible that it was setup under a different email? If so, you might need to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I changed my network. New wired floodlight can’t reconnect to new one.
Have tried pushing button on top but light does not flash. The instructions say push button in side for 20 secs to reset. There is no button on the side!!
Help please!

Hi @daviddome. If your Floodlight Cam is not entering setup mode in order to connect it to your new network, reboot it by pressing and holding the setup button on top of it for 20–25 seconds. You also want to make sure your Camera is getting power since it is a hardwired device. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.