Unable to Pair Schlage BE469ZP with Ring Still

I purchased a brand new Schlage Connect and can’t seem to get it to pair correctly to my Ring Base Station. I keep getting “Device Security Error”. I tried everything listed in this forum but no success. Do you have any suggestions?

I contacted Schlage and they said they don’t know this error and ask that I contact ring.

Hi @Scexplorer. This can usually be corrected by factory resetting the device and then resetting the Z-Wave network, mentioned here. You’ll also want to make sure that your Base Station is plugged in right next to the Smart Lock (within a few feet).

If you are still unable to connect the Smart Lock, you’ll need to reach out to our Ring Alarm Support Team to run some diagnostics. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Have you confirmed the serial number on your DSK code matches the serial number of the lock? If not, call Schlage and have them look up the correct DSK code.