Unable to enable push notifications

Hello, I am having trouble enabling push notifications on my desktop. I read the instructions and they are not accurate. In the control panel under Notifications, the only setting is for email notifications. I have the most recent version of Firefox. I would prefer to use my phone but apparently it is too old, the app store won’t let me install it. Additionally, my wife can’t get the notification settings to change on her app. Even though we have double checked all settings it still does not audibly notify her on all movement. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @TomBomb. Make sure you do not have an active VPN on your desktop, as that could affect the notifications from Ring.com. We also have this Help Center page on enabling push notifications for Ring.com, which also provides other troubleshooting steps to try if the notifications are not working. I hope this helps.

Hi, @Justin_Ring , thanks for the response. Unfortunately I already attempted the steps on that help Center page. No banner appears, and when I go to Notifications under Control Center, all I see is the settings for email preferences, nothing else. I tried the troubleshooting steps for Firefox listed in that help page, but no luck. I am not using a VPN.

Nothing? I can’t imagine I’m the only one experiencing this.

@TomBomb. If you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps and are still having the same concern, the next best step would be to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.