Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
User Solution
Closed
Unable to Connect to Wired Doorbell Plus
hardwired-video-doorbell
connectivity
chime-pro
troubleshooting

Installed the wired doorbell plus on my front door and didn’t have any issues. Also ordered a chime pro a few weeks later to help boost wifi for my garage wired doorbell plus, as it was not connecting. Now my front door wired doorbell plus cannot connect (it now says it is deactivated and I am unable to set it up again). I cannot connect to the Ring Wifi Network during setup. When I try to manually connect to the Ring setup wifi, it does not appear in my wifi list. No VPN is enabled. I am still unable to connect my garage doorbell. Cannot connect to the Chime Pro or my house’s wifi. I have tried connecting using multiple different devices as well. Really frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

13-03-2024 01:56:13

Responses (3)

C
User Solution

Hi @user78891. You should be able to connect your Wired Doorbell Plus directly to your router, or to your Chime Pro’s network. First, ensure the Chime Pro is properly set up and has a good connection. Then try resetting the Wired Doorbell Plus by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds.

After the reset is complete, walk through a fresh setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Ensure your Wired Doorbell Plus is within range of your router, we typically recommend 25 feet or less. If you encounter any errors or roadblocks during the setup process, try running through the troubleshooting steps here. Should this issue persist after trying those steps, please follow up with our support team for further assistance.

15-03-2024 07:12:52

J

Your problem has NEVER been addressed by Ring! I’m having the same issue still after several years. I’ll tell you what the problem is, it’s that Ring’s technological components aren’t top notch when it comes to wifi. They just will not hold a steady signal. You HAVE to get cctv. Drill a small hole through your wall and mount you LOREX NVR or DVR camera under your soffit. The best part… NO SUBSCRIPTION! ALL THE SAME FEATURES!

13-03-2024 02:59:54

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

14-04-2024 07:13:42

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User