Unable to connect to brand new base station

I just received a brand new ring base station unit with 4 contact sensors, motion sensor, etc. I’ve tried to set it up several times, but I am not able to use the base station after I’ve connected with it. It is listed as offline in the ring app, or the ring app alarm is in an updating status for over 24 hours! Any idea what I can do to get this setup?

The ring base station looks like its setup fine, but the app in the phone (andriod) keeps spinning. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there, @Jasonpullin4! The Alarm Base Station and Alarm devices may perform an update upon initial install. This should not take 24 hours though. The green wifi indicator on the Base Station will mean that it is connected. If it is not showing this in the Ring app, please check your mobile device connection, and also ensure there is not a VPN enabled. If your Base Station and Alarm devices are still not operating or completing the update, try connecting via ethernet, if you are not already.

There are further steps that can be taken if needed, such as a Base Station reset, however, we advise performing these steps with our Alarm support team. For further assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like