Unable to connect device to any wifi

hey all,

I’m having trouble setting up my Ring doorbell.

In the setup, when I try to connect the doorbell to my home wifi, the device fails to connect.

I tried multiple wifi networks, my home, work, even phone access point but none succeeds.

please help me!

Hi @amiry20! The best first step here is to ensure the setup process is successful in connecting your mobile device to the Ring setup access point in your mobile device wifi settings. Once connected to the Ring setup access point, you will be brought back to the Ring app to select your in home wifi network. As it sounds like you’ve tried this step many times, I recommend selecting “add hidden network” rather than choosing your home wifi network. Once “add hidden network” is selected, the Ring app will allow you to manually enter your wifi information.

If the setup continues to fail, try completing it on another mobile device, if possible. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

hey Marley,

Thanks for you advice.

Unfortunately, that didn’t work.

I tried multiple phones, even removed the security from the Wifi network, still facing the same issue.

Thank you for trying that @amiry20! As it looks like you’ve already tried this on multiple networks, the only step left here is to reset your Doorbell. Please hold the setup button for 20 seconds to perform a reset. Once complete, proceed through the setup in the Ring app as normal.

If this does not result in a successful setup, it might require more in depth troubleshooting. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.