Unable to answer Ring Doorbell 2 Motion Notifications

Hi,

We have a Ring Doorbell 2 and it’s been working fine for 2 years. Until recently.

We get the push notification that there’s motion, but attempting to VIEW what that motion is gives streaming errors, spinning wheels and timeouts 90% of the time. We have to wait until the motion recording is available to go back and check who/what was at the door.

This is happening on my Wife’s iPhone, my Google Pixel and Google Pixel 4XL, my Wife’s MacOSX App and my Windows 10 App.

It isn’t a Wifi problem, because all motion is uploaded and recorded without problems - we are always able to view it once it’s been processed by the Ring cloud.

The problem persists if our devices are at home on our fibre connection, at my work with its fibre connection, or if we’re out and about using 4G from our mobile carriers.

As mentioned, this has been working fine up until about mid December when it become very unreliable.

The Ring Doorbell is connected to a Unifi UAP-AC-LR with an RSSI of -49. The firmware is Up to Date. The battery is charged to 87% at the moment.

I see a similar post here.

Thanks,
Tim

Can anyone from Ring comment? Or does this just get ignored?

Hi @tjharman. Have you tried using the Rapid Ring app? This app is designed specifically for Live View and can respond to notifications with ease. If the suggestions in the topic you shared don’t seem to be of help, and Rapid Ring doesn’t provide a solution, you may want to reach out to our support team for further assistance.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.