Unable to answer Ring Doorbell 2 Motion Notifications

Hi,

We have a Ring Doorbell 2 and it’s been working fine for 2 years. Until recently.

We get the push notification that there’s motion, but attempting to VIEW what that motion is gives streaming errors, spinning wheels and timeouts 90% of the time. We have to wait until the motion recording is available to go back and check who/what was at the door.

This is happening on my Wife’s iPhone, my Google Pixel and Google Pixel 4XL, my Wife’s MacOSX App and my Windows 10 App.

It isn’t a Wifi problem, because all motion is uploaded and recorded without problems - we are always able to view it once it’s been processed by the Ring cloud.

The problem persists if our devices are at home on our fibre connection, at my work with its fibre connection, or if we’re out and about using 4G from our mobile carriers.

As mentioned, this has been working fine up until about mid December when it become very unreliable.

The Ring Doorbell is connected to a Unifi UAP-AC-LR with an RSSI of -49. The firmware is Up to Date. The battery is charged to 87% at the moment.

I see a similar post here.

Thanks,
Tim