Unable to accept shared user request

Hi all, I’ve been sent the shared user invite via email, when I click “manage access” on the bottom of the email, it takes me to a page with nothing on, there is no invite? Can anybody help at all? Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry I’m no help but I am having the same problem.

Hey neighbors. Here’s something you can try. Have the Owner go into the Ring app and delete the Shared User invitation. Also have the Shared User go into their email and delete any Shared User invitations in their inbox. Next, go ahead and start the Shared User process that is outlined in this Help Center article here. Let me know if that helps!

Hi Tom,

Having the same issue, when clicking the manage access link it takes me through to a page however says “Unable to authorize, please try again later.” I’ve been trying for 3 days now.
I have gotten the owner to delete the invite as well as deleting the emails received my end which hasn’t worked, what else can be done?

Thanks

I’ve sent a invite to a family member and they are getting the same error

Any ideas please?

Hey neighbors. We were experiencing some technical issues a few days ago, but this has since been resolved. Are you still experiencing this error message?

Hey Tom,

Just retried doing all of the previous suggestions and still getting the same message of Unable to authorize after clicking Manage access from the shared user email…

Hi @Melloe. Since you’ve tried all these suggestions to no avail, I suggest reaching out to our support team to look into this more. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi there, i had same issue, i had to erase the invite and resend it to my wife, then it worked.
Try that. FYI, the resend feature does not work, so it needs to be a brand new invite. Hope this helps

1 Like