UK Ring plug in adapter 1st generation question about voltage

Using the Ring first generation plug in adapter in the UK with the new Ring video doorbell wired which is shown as compatible on the Ring website.

The adapter is rated at 24VAC and the Ring video doorbell wired says it’s works with 8-24 VAC so all should be good and it appears to work fine.

However when looking in the Ring App it shows the transformer voltage as good at 29V which exceeds the advertised power of the adapter and subsequently the power the doorbell.

So is this correct or will 29V damage the Ring video doorbell wired?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Glad you asked, @Jaypr! This Plug-In Adapter 2nd Generation, is the proper one for powering the Video Doorbell Wired. If you have another Plug-In Adapter, it may not be intended for operation with your Doorbell model. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Apologies, I wasn’t clear enough.

I have the Ring 1st generation plug in adapter for the Ring pro here

https://en-uk.ring.com/products/plug-in-adapter-for-ring-video-doorbell-pro

Ring themselves say it’s compatible with the Ring video doorbell wired here

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360042012971-Device-Compatibility-List-

My question is why is the transformer voltage showing as 29V in the Ring app when the adapter voltage is rated at 24V and will it damage the Ring video doorbell wired?

Thank you for the clarification on this, @Jaypr. As we care about our neighbors’ safety and experience, I recommend reaching out to our support team to ensure your installation and power is correct.

Based on Ring.com product and accessory pages, the Plug-In Adapter (Gen 1 ) is not compatible with the Video Doorbell Wired, while the Plug-In Adapter (Gen 2) is. I’ve sent the article you linked over to our teams here for review.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.