Two Ring Doorbells, two very different results

I purchased two Video Doorbells (2nd Gen) (Identical models) a good while back for a new location we were building. As most construction projects go, it took a while to complete and now that I am setting up the new doorbells on the place, one of them is not working.

The first doorbell started setup and literally talked me through the statuses and everything. I am able to connect to the camera and see live views and everything as expected. Seems to be working perfectly.

The second, well, not so much. It is fully charged, and when you power it on, there is no talking from the camera. It does let you set it up to connect to Wifi, and then it starts the update process once the device shows up in the app. Shortly after that, the camera disconnects from wifi and blinks 15 times in one second intervals and then pauses for a random 2-3 second pause and then starts the 15 count again on flashing blue.

I’ve never been able to get it to connect for video, and device health will not let me remote reboot it or anything like that. I have done a full Reset of the device and completed setup again, but this one does not talk like the first one did, indicating that there is another issue.

We have several Ring devices at other locations so we are somewhat familiar with the lighting and other camera products. This one seems to be bad unless I am missing something. I also noticed that this one didn’t have the screws in the box for the mounting bracket but it appeared to be sealed so I am baffled by that as well.

Hi @PegasusRanch. It’s sounds like you’ve gone through most of the troubleshooting I would recommend. You can try connecting this device to a WiFi hotspot to see if that will allow for the device to update and finish setup. If it connects, you can just change the WiFi network to your home network in the Device Health menu. If this doesn’t work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.