Two questions about battery on ring 2

1. I get a different battery level reading on my windows computer app than I do on my Android phone app. Computer says 19% and the Phone says 39%. Why?

2. I have had my ring doorbell for about 17 months. I have only charged it three times in that time. The last time was about two weeks ago. Not the battery is either 39% or 19% depending on what app to beleive. Which would tell me the battery is at the end of its cycle. Should I expect to only get less than two years out of the battery (3 charges)? Or are the apps screwed up and my doorbell is really more charged?

Hi @Jhon. That must be confusing! I would first try to reset everything by clearing the cache and cookies for both you computer and your Android. Once that is complete, I would uninstall the Ring App, reboot your device, then reinstall the Ring App. Once it has been installed properly, try to login and see in they are both reporting the same correct battery level. If they are still different form each other, our support team may need to investigate this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks, the battery level is back in sync, but the battery does not last anymore. I recharged it again two days ago and it is down to 90% already. It was fully charged. Do these batterys normaly fail in less than 18 months?

Hi @Jhon, happy to chime in for Tom here. Depending on how many motions, dings, and Live Views your Doorbell records each day, it may drain more quickly than expected. You can adjust the Motion Frequency to help reduce the number of events that your Doorbell records if it is picking up too much motion.

If the battery continues to drain quickly after adjusting your settings and ensuring that you’re not receiving a large number of events each day, it would be best for you to contact our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.