Turn Off notifications in Modes

Is there a way to turn off notifications for several devices using a modified Mode. Currently I have to turn off notifications on each device separately. Modes only seems to allow you to turn off Motion detection or Live View. Turning off Motion Detection disables the security recording feature which I want to keep on, I just want to turn off the notifications at certain times of the day!

Hi @tallen183. There isn’t a way to specifically turn off notifications through the Modes feature, but you can use the Motion Snooze feature to disable Motion Alerts from a Ring device for a pre-set length of time. You can read more about Motion Snooze and Global snooze in our Help Center Article here. Other neighbors have requested the option to control notifications via the Modes feature, so feel free to add your feedback or vote on that request here in our Feature Request board. I hope that information helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks, but if I use motion snooze then nothing is recorded should anything happen.
Having a global notification mute on ones devices seems like an easy fix and really useful.

@tallen183 Motion Snooze does not stop your Cameras from recording. They will still detect and record motion, and videos will still appear in your Event History.

Can you make motion snooze part of the Mode? Requiring repeated manual intervention of any kind when switching modes would suggest that Modes is not feature rich enough surely?

2 Likes

Hi @fquinner. Have you tried our Geofence Feature? Upon returning home, you will be alerted to change your Mode and can opt to use an automatic Snooze. Check out this Help Center article here to see how it all works. Let me know what you think about it!

It would be extremely ideal to be able to disable notifications using modes. For example, disable motion alerts while home. It’s very surprising this is not in modes already. I want to keep motion detection and recording on, just not be alerted for it when I’m home. I’d like to be alerted when I’m away but not home. Right now the the only option is to go to each device and disable motion alerts. Would be great if that could be accomplished using modes!

3 Likes