Turn off motion alerts to all devices at once?

Is there a way to turn off motion alerts to all devices at once? I just took out our garbage after midnight, went in the app, selected the doorbell, then clicked the sprocket to go into settings. I then disabled Motion Alerts so my wife’s phone wouldn’t go off. She texted me asking me what I was doing going out the front door so late. I thought, by clicking the toggle switch on the settings page, that would turn on/off Motion Alerts globally. It does not. Is there a way to do this? I have a Ring Doorbell Pro with the latest version of the app on iOS.

3 Likes

**Talk about coincidental, I had this exact same problem today where I had to go into app and snooze 3 Ring items. **

Will be interesting in outcome. Thanks for bringing up

1 Like

Agree, a “snooze all” option on the dashboard would be nice.

2 Likes

I have two doorbells and a camera. I would like to see a snooze all devices to turn off motion detection when I am working in the yard. In addition to the snooze all devices, there needs to be snooze all notifications on all phones.

Agreed, I have 3 devices that I have to snooze separately every weekend when I am doing yard work. Seems like a simple fix to snoooze all at once. Has Ring responded to anyone?

1 Like

I just encountered this issue this morning with my new video doorbell 2.
This is a complete oversight. A no-brainier.
If I set motion snooze on the app on my phone then ALL devices that are connected to this same ring doorbell (phones, tablets, etc) should be set to motion snooze.
Fix this Ring!

1 Like

Hi

I have a similar issue. I was going to install a solar powered motion device in the back yard but I am out in the garden regularly throughout the day and don’t want it activating whilst gardening.

I have a Ring 2 doorbell at the front of the house which I want activated all of the time so only want to turn the one off in the back during the day. Them turn it on when I go to bed.
In other words we need the ability to turn these devices off

Also can the audible alarm be disabled

Stay well

I was just thinking it would be better if you could set a time range on the device so you it would active within that range automatically

Knowing me I would wake up in the early hours having forgot to turn it on!

WOW–NINE MONTHS, AND NO ONE HAS RESPONDED WITH A SOLUTION?? It has become apparent to me in my 3 days of ownership of a ring doorbell, that the leader in this field cannot develop a decent app to operate these doorbells!! And the Customer Service appears to be extremely weak also. I think I may be returning this item for it’s extremely weak app!

Hey there @mcbaxes. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, all posts may not have a moderator or admin from Ring responding on the post. We encourage the neighbor to neighbor interaction in the forum, and if you’re in need of immediate support that you could not find in the Ring community, we urge you to contact our support team directly.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

This insane they haven’t fixed this problem. I put the ring doorbell in for parents who aren’t tech savvy. We have workers that go in and out. We shouldn’t have to turn off notifications on all phones. INSANE

It’s unfortunate to see that no one from Ring has bothered to respond. I am not interested in calling Customer Service. How about the update the software and let us know about changes in this post. This seems to be a common problem and I have experienced it as well.

Hey neighbors! I recommend searching for the Feature Request topic you want to vote on here, which you can use to modify the search results based on the term or phrase, and having it be specific to the Feature Request board. This will help you find the topic for the feature you’re looking for, as this is not a feature at this time. For example, you can find one topic about turning off motion alerts for all devices here and one about a Mode specific to turning off alerts, but recording motion.

This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! I will be marking this as solution for now to help neighbors in the future.

In addition, we try to close out old topics of requested features once they are available for our neighbors, linking with article(s) to the feature for more information. This is a manual process on our end, and we tackle the Feature Request board first, so we recommend leaving feature requests there to help you stay in the right loop. For major features, we will try to have announcements made on the Community as well. Thank you, neighbors!

1 Like

I have a solution. Get a Wi-Fi extender and connect the ring to that. then unplug it when you don’t want to be spotted on the camera. Everyone in our group doesn’t need to know when I’m taking out the trash at 3 am!

Go Here and UpVote for this option to be installed. The more votes and demand the more likely they will create this.