Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Turn off all sounds except doorbell
app-settings
troubleshooting
notifications
Is there a way to shut off all notification sounds except the actual doorbell? There doesn’t seem to be a way to manage this in the Ring app or website account. Turning off notifications there turns off all sounds including the doorbell which seems like a real oversight in the app design. These doorbells are driving me nuts with motion alarms all the time and I have wired them to plug-in wall warts so I can easily disable them when I have to, but there must be a better way.

10-06-2023 04:14:21

Responses (4)

S
I have the same problem. When I am out of town I have a house sitter. I would like to receive motion notifications on my iphone but the notifications also play in the house driving my house sitter crazy. I would like to silence the in-house notifications but keep my phone notifications on. How do I do this?

12-06-2023 02:17:25

C
Hi neighbors. Can you please clarify what notification sound you're trying to turn off? Are you referring to the alerts on a Ring Chime or connected Alexa device? You can control the notifications on any Chimes under Device Settings > Notification Settings > Linked Chimes. For connected Alexa devices, [Doorbell Announcements](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018032731-Doorbell-Announcement-Notifications-Through-Amazon-Alexa) can be turned off within the Alexa app.

14-06-2023 06:07:20

E

I am having this same issue. I want to disable all sounds on my iPhone and Chime device from the doorbell EXCEPT the actual doorbell press. I want to still see motion alert notifications on my iPhone but do NOT want to hear a sound when motion is detected. The only sound from the doorbell I want to hear on my iPhone and Chime device is when the doorbell button is pressed.

08-01-2024 06:00:51

J

Hi @EmjayMaine. To disable the sound on your Ring Chimes, follow the steps mentioned by Caitlyn. As for getting alerts but muting the sound, follow these steps to accomplish this:

• Open the Ring app
  • Choose the menu button (three lines in the upper left corner).
  • Select Devices and tap on your Doorbell
  • Tap Device Settings
  • Select Notification Settings
  • Tap on App Alert Tones
  • Tap on Motions, then select Silent.

I hope this helps.

09-01-2024 10:27:05

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User