Troubleshooting Poor Video Quality

been having issues with all my cameras having pixel issues when live viewing. if i download the video its crystal clear. this has only been an issue for the past few months.

Internet speed in gigabit.
Router " NETGEAR Nighthawk XR700 WiFi Router Wireless Speeds Up to 7.2 Gbps"

Furthest camera to the closest camera RSSI and the network its connected to
SP- “Solar Powered”
HW- “Hardwired”

PL- 44 Chime Pro Network SP
PR-47 Chime Pro Network SP
FD-43 Chime Pro Network SP
JR-36 Chime Pro Network SP
ZR-42 Chime Pro Network SP
LR-38 Chime Pro Network HW
Chime Pro Network -44 Direct wifi connection to 5.0GHZ
BD-45 Direct wifi connection to 2.5GHZ SP
FY-32 Direct wifi connection to 2.5GHZ SP
BY-33 Direct wifi connection to 2.5GHZ SP

i have tried all the steps listed in different forums and guides. any help would be much appreciated

Hi @fusionpot. If the downloaded video is clear, this means the Camera is recording it clearly and without pixellation. Make sure your Ring app and your phone’s software are both fully updated to the latest version. It’s also important for your phone to have a strong connection, either via wifi or cellular data, for the best quality. A weak or unstable connection on your phone could result in Adaptive Video Play affecting the quality of the Live View.

If this concern persists, it would be best to follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can investigate further. This issue might require help from our advanced technical support team since it involves network and connectivity settings. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Ring app Current version: 3.60.0
phone’s software Current version: Android 13 with latest software updates.
phone Connected to wifi 5ghz full bars. using the same network as the cameras just 5ghz.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.