Trouble with night vision

I have been having issues with the infrared night vision on my Video Doorbell Pro. I had my Ring for almost a year, no issues. No lighting changes, or any other changes to the system on my end. November 18th was the last time I had a clear, color picture on my Ring (see photo). Then suddenly and without any change, the picture became whitewashed and unclear. After contacting Ring numerous times, and troubleshooting the device, they sent me a replacement. Installed that and same problem. Called Ring back. Finally someone called a Ring Solution Advisor came on the line and told me that Ring did a Firmware upgrade to enhance their night vision and that was a normal picture and the device was fine! To me, this is not acceptable. I bought this device so I could see at night, clearly, in color. The excuse that “this is how the device is supposed to look” is not acceptable. I am at a loss on what to do here. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I don’t want to bash Ring, but if this is how their product is suppossed to work, then that is an issue overall. They also told me that the light in my front yard was contributing to the problem. I covered up the light and nothing changed. Plus, I can’t be the only person in the world with a Ring device who has a post lamp in their front yard. None of my neighbors, with similar lighting are experiencing this problem, so I still think the firmware excuse was just that. I’d like to see if anyone else has had similar problems and if so what, if any solutions you’ve found worked. Getting ready to just eat the $250 I spent on the Ring and go with something different.

Ring Now.PNG.jpg

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this experience @Dpsfire! We are always working to add new features and improve upon existing ones. The Video Doorbell Pro does feature various methods for adjusting to low light conditions. If you are interested in using the Color Night Vision feature, please keep in mind that illumination will dictate how much of the picture has a colorful hue or remains black and white. While color images at night is an excellent feature to use, it can certainly vary by environment. For this reason, there is the ability to toggle off this setting in the app. Perhaps normal night vision mode will work best for the area at night. Adding lights, making adjustments to the area or even altering the mounting angle can help to improve lens adjustment at night. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I too am having issues with night vision on my Pro. There’s no night vision from the camera covering the zone. I can only see someone when they are actually at the door. When night time comes there’s no visibility from the video pro. Too much money spent have no visibility at night. What’s the fix?

Ring PRO night view.pdf (43.5 KB)