Trigger indoor cam by contact sensor

I was wondering if there is a way to trigger indoor cam by contact sensor. For example, I have contact sensors at front door, deck glass door, and front window. Normally the indoor cam is only on in away mode. I want indoor cam start recording when front door, deck glass door, or front window is opened, regardless of disarm/home/away mode. Is there a way to do that? Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Stefanie. There is a way to achieve this in a way that may work for you! If you go into your Base Station’s profile (Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station) and then tap on Linked Devices, you can have the Indoor Cam set to record when the Ring is alarming, or when an entry delay is caused. This will still only work when the Alarm is in Home or Away mode and excludes the Disarmed mode, since the Alarm will not be alarming or going into a delay when disarmed.

This will ensure that whenever there is activity of high importance happening on your alarm, that your Indoor Cam will start recording automatically! I personally use this feature so I can capture who is at my keypad or front door when they come in, as the Indoor Cam faces this area of my home. :slight_smile: