Trickle charge Ring video doorbell 2 battery from Deta c3500

Hi there. Recently purchased a ring system with doorbell and cameras. The doorbell is the video 2 with in built battery. We have a ring chime also. After installation we noticed the battery gas dropped 11% in less than a day. After some investigation I noticed we have a DETA C3500 chime in the hallway.

I was wondering if it is possible to simply wire up the existing doorbell twisted wires (that we left in after removing the old doorbell) into the back of the ring doorbell, for the purpose of providing a trickle charge (mechanical chime not required)?

I’m not sure if the DETA C3500 comes with an inbuilt transformer to give 24v AC current nor if it’s compatible.

Many thanks

Hi @user32609. The DETA C3500 is incompatible with your Doorbell; this type of chime has a built-in 230 VAC/6 VAC transformer. If you want to hardwire your Doorbell, you must either install a new compatible chime or connect your Doorbell directly to an 8–24 VAC, 40 VA max, 50–60 Hz transformer. If you are not comfortable doing so, we strongly recommend consulting a qualified electrician for help.

1 Like