Transformer Voltage Inconsistent!

I installed a new Doorbell Pro 2 several weeks ago and it has performed reliably. I am using the Ring Plug-In Adapter (2nd generation) which is connected directly to the doorbell wiring. When I check the voltage with a multimeter at the doorbell it consistently reads 18 volts. Never changes, no matter how often or when I take a reading. The app, however, reports the Transformer Voltage in the Device Health tab as being all over the place from 15V (Poor) to 17V (Good). Either my multimeter is unreliable or the device’s reading is unreliable? The voltage seems to read differently throughout the day and night when I check it from the app but the meter always reads 18 volts. Nothing is physically changing that would cause the fluctuation. At the moment it is 15V and poor. I suspect at the next check it will show 16V or 17V and good once again. This has been the case for days. At this point I am completely baffled.

Hi @riprazor. What type of phone and Ring App version do you have? Have you checked the voltage reading in the Ring App on a different smartphone or tablet, if you have one available? I’d also recommend performing a fresh setup of the Doorbell just to ensure the Ring App is displaying the correct voltage reading. You can walk through a fresh setup by following the steps under Set Up a Device.

If this concern persists, then I’d recommend reaching out to our support team so they can double-check everything for you. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn,

Appreciate the response but I am not sure what difference the phone (Samsung S20 FE 5G) would make? The Ring App is the latest Android release which looks like 3.39.0. At this point it continues to bounce between 15v and 18v in the app despite multi-meter readings indicating a steady 18 volts. It has never stopped working or been a problem but something is clearly not right. I am reluctant to delete and re-install the Doorbell while everything is operational for fear that I will end up on the phone with support because my plan gets deleted (yes this happened once already) or some other issue ends up manifesting itself. I will grab another device and install the app and see if the results change but I am going to simply leave it alone as long as it remains operational.

1 Like

I have the same exact problem and I just purchased a ring 2 pro and installed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.