Transformer burnt out

My Ring Pro was working fine for 3 years. Last Sunday the transformer burnt out. Checked wiring fine. Installed a new transformer, 16 V 30 VA. It burnt out again. Could it be the Pro Power Kit or Ring Doorbell defective? Help, please.

Hey @Ray88. Do you have the Doorbell Pro wired directly to the Transformer, or with a chime kit in the middle? What does your wiring look like on the back of the Pro, at the chime kit (if this is in the middle) and at the transformer? What type of transformer do you have, as well as what kind of chime kit, if applicable?

I had the same problem as Ray88 in Apr2020. My doorbell was working and it stopped. There was no voltage coming from the transformer. I replaced the transformer and had 17 volts to the doorbell. When I connected the doorbell it came alive for a second, and then died along with the transformer. There is not voltage coming from the transformer.

I used a transformer that is good to 30 volts and was referred to it because that is what the electricians are replacing doorbell transformers with. I did a resistance test on the ring and got a .001

Hi @jaysonwatts. Would you mind reaching out to our support team directly regarding this concern? They can take a look at what might be going on with the Doorbell to see why it’s not responding. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.