Ring Protect Plan

Browse posts, comment, and join the conversation about Ring Protect Basic, Plus, Pro, and more.
W
Transfer a Ring Video Doorbell subscription to a new camera
battery-video-doorbell
cs-support
ring-protect-plans
I have a NEW Ring Video Doorbell camera coming soon. When the NEW Ring Video Doorbell camera arrives, I would like to transfer the old Ring Video Doorbell camera's subscription to the NEW camera. How can I do this?

27-08-2023 12:02:32

Responses (3)

M
Good question, i am in the same situation. I have a ring doorbell 4 with subscription and i am going to buy the ring doorbel battery plus model.

27-08-2023 06:58:39

C
Hi neighbors, the Ring Protect Basic plan only applies to one Ring Video Doorbell or Security Camera. If you are getting a new device and removing the old one from your account, it is best to [cancel the existing Basic plan](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022109431-How-to-Cancel-a-Subscription-Plan) first. Then you can subscribe to a new Basic plan once you have set up the new Doorbell or Camera. You'll receive a prorated refund for the unused time remaining. If you have a Ring Protect Plus plan, and this device is being added to the same Location with that plan, then you don't need to take any action. The Plus plan applies to all Doorbells and Cameras at a single Location. If you need any assistance with your plans, please reach out to our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus).

28-08-2023 10:44:08

M
This is very user unfriendly, why can i not disable the camera i use now and install the new one with the same subscription. This does not make any sense at all.

29-08-2023 10:30:43

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

28-09-2023 10:30:48

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User