Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
C
Toubleshooting POE Camera
hardwired-security-cameras
cs-support

My Ring POE Camera was working great, and suddenly quit working. Here’s what I have done to date, with no results:
1- Confirmed that the camera has power - The blue light will flash when button pushed for setup mode.
2- Tried repeatedly to set it up and the app tells me it can’t connect to the internet.
3- Deleted the camera from my Ring network and tried to add it to the network and initialize it again. - no success.
4- Used an Ethernet cable check tool to check the cables from the router to the POE Adapter, and from the POE Adapter to the camera. Both checked good.
5- Switched the Ethernet cable to a different port in the router. I confirmed that the port I switched to has connectivity.

I know the POE Adapter is sending power to the camera, because of the blue light on the camera. Also the light on the adapter is green. If I check the POE adapter with my Ethernet cable check tool I get a fault. This happens with the adapter plugged or unplugged to the electric power outlet. I do not know if this means the adapter is bad (no Ethernet continuity) or my check tool is not designed to check continuity through a POE Adapter.

How do I determine if the camera has failed or the POE Adapter has failed (I do not have another POE adapter to swap in)? What are my next steps?

22-05-2024 06:44:55

Responses (1)

J

Hi @C317414. Those were excellent troubleshooting steps to try for your concern. The next best step for your concern is going to be contacting our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call using one of the numbers available here.

23-05-2024 10:15:56

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions