Top blue light always on

So my video doorbell was working fine. Then the person who installed it for me, connected the back screws to the electricity and I think it might have fried something because he says he saw a spark on the power outlet when he did it. And now the doorbell just stays on with a top blue light. No blinking or no movement. Is it ruined? I already tried performing a hard reset and the light never changes (always top blue light on)

Hi there, @heymans! This definitely should not happen. Great call on performing the reset as that is the best step. As you’ve completed this to no avail, the best next step will be to reach out to our support team for a more in-depth look at this device.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.