Tips for Ring Notifications on a Huawei Device

If you use a Huawei phone with your Ring app and are not receiving notifications as expected, this might be because of a battery saving setting that can cause apps to “doze” after the screen turns off. When this battery saving feature is turned on for your Ring app it is possible you might miss some notifications. Follow the steps below to turn off battery saving for your Ring app:

1. Open your Huawei devices phone settings.
  2. Select Battery.
  3. Select App Launch.
  4. Find the Ring app and toggle it off.

You are all set, this should help with your notification concerns! If it does not please consider checking out Huawei’s support section for more notification tips.

3 Likes
  1. Open your Huawei device’s phone settings.
  2. Select Battery.
  3. Select App Launch.
1 Like

Thank you for this tip I have been having trouble with notifications for weeks I was about to give up, now it works fine.

3 Likes

That’s a possibility. Have you spoken to Ring support to confirm if they rely on Google Services for notifications.

1. Open your Huawei devices phone settings.
  2. Select Battery.
  3. Select App Launch.
    To download SoundCloud ringtones on Huawei devices, you can visit this website: Soundcloud converter

Make sure your notifications are enabled in the Ring app. Go to the device you want to check and make sure the buttons for both Ring Alerts and Motion Alerts are set to the blue “On” position.

Note: Notification settings have to be set individually for different devices. For example, if you activate notifications on your phone, they will not be automatically activated on your tablet. Instead, you have to manually designate your notification settings for each device connected to Ring.

1 Like

I have missed loads of notifications and have tried changing settings to get this fixed. I am going to give this a go and hopefully it works. I too was about to give up on my Ring Doorbell. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Hi
My wife & I both have Huawei phones, I set our account up on the Ring door bell.
Now we both have the same settings & my wife gets motion detection alerts (not all of the time) whereas I don’t get any alerts.
Can anyone help me out please?
Thanks
Peter

@Riley_Ring I’ve tried the above steps on my Huawei p30 and I’m still not getting any notifications. Do you have any other suggestions that I could try? Or would it be a question for Huawei?

Thanks

Tom

Hi @TomD84. I’d recommend searching Huawei’s support section for more troubleshooting steps related to notifications. You can also contact their support directly here.