Times and timezone is incorrect in some screens of Android app

There seems to be a bug in the Android app with regards to the timezone in some screens.

• I am in Central European Time (GMT+0100).

• Android is configured to get time and timezone information from the celluar network (no special manual setting or anything)

If I open the Ring app and press the global history button above the list of devices, times displayed are correct for my local time.

If I select my Ring Pro doorbell first, and then access its history, it indicates GMT+0000 and the wrong time.

1 Like

Hmm, seems to happen if you did not enter a full address for the device location.

I think requiring a full address to be entered when you are selling a SECURITY product is ridiculous though.
I have no intention of using your location specific features, and consider it a direct security risk to provide my address to manufacturers of IoT products.
If my account gets compromised, the attacker would know both where I live, and (based on the recordings) when nobody is home.

2 Likes

Make sure the “Automatic Date and Time” setting is selected on in your Android phone under Settings>General Management>Date and Time

Did you find a resolution to this? Im having the same issue. But whats weird is when i 1st installed it, it read the date and time perfectly. Now it’s off by 4hrs! I also dont have my full address for same reasoning stated before. Doesnt make sense that it’s required for the time to be correct when i have provided the area code.

To get correct time go to phone settings >general management> date and time> then enable automatic date and time.

my phone is set to automatic date and time but I’m still seeing 4 hour time difference error

1 Like

<< To get correct time go to phone settings >general management> date and time> then enable automatic date and time. >>

That does not work at all.

The only thing that fixed it for me was entering a full address.

Naturally you do not enter your own, but say the address of the authority that handles privacy complaints in your country.

1 Like

Thank you for this suggestion. Putting in the complete address worked for me. I now have the correct time on my Ring device.

1 Like

I already had my complete address, but still shows wrong time by 4hrs. I also updated setting under account management.

Hi @eweka10. You can also try reverifying your address by following these steps:

• Open the Ring app
  • Tap the 3 blue lines on the top left.
  • Tap Settings
  • Select Address
  • Tap the Edit Address button.
  • Start typing the address but select it from the drop down, in order for the address to be verified.
  • Tap Use This Address
  • Give the location a name and tap Save Location.

You also want to make sure you phone and Ring app are caught up with the latest updates available. If you have an active VPN, you will want to disable it as that can cause multiple things in the Ring app to not work correctly. If you had tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.