Timeline why

What happened to the timeline and how do I get it back. This new live view is useless for me. Nobody has time to sit and go through the history one event at a time.

Silversavage0 -

As you have probably discovered… Ring seems to automatically turn the Event History Timeline feature off when a Ring app update is installed. I don’t know if all Ring app versions are affected, but it definitely occurs in the iPadOS version. In any case, it is obviously very annoying.

To Turn the Event History Timeline feature on:

• Open your Ring app.
  • Tap the three-lined icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen to open the side menu.
  • Tap Account.
  • In the Account Setting screen under Advanced Settings, tap the Event History Timeline toggle.
    • Blue shows the feature is turned on.
    • White indicates the feature is turned off.

The Event History Timeline feature is NOT available on devices that use Ring’s End-to-End Encryption feature.

I hope this helps.

(Note: It would be helpful if a Ring moderator could report this bug. It would also be useful if a “Programming Bug” board was added to the Ring Community website, as this is a “bug” not a “new feature”.)

1 Like

Thanks for providing those steps, @Frustrated427! It is interesting to hear this from a couple neighbors, I’ll certainly pass this feedback along to our teams here. :slight_smile:

Silversavage0 -

I forgot to mention that the Event History Timeline feature is NOT available on devices that use Ring’s End-to-End Encryption feature.

(I just added this information to my previous post.)