Hi, anyone else having issues with the app not showing the timeline? I’m on iPhone and when clicking in the camera image on the dashboard it goes straight to the live view with no timeline showing? To see the timeline I have to swipe down on my iPhone and click on the notifications, it then shows that particular event and shows the timeline? It wasn’t like this yesterday?
Hi @SimC_123. What version of the Ring app is installed on your iPhone? Try following the steps in this Help Center article here to toggle your Event History Timeline off, then close the Ring app, open the Ring app back up and toggle it back on. Let me know if this works!
Hi, I went into the settings and the option to tap camera preview for live view was toggled to on, I’ve turned it off and now all is ok… unusual that this was the case as I’ve not altered anything… all sorted now though thank you…
I am have the same issue. I toggled off timeline closed app. Reopened app and turned timeline on. Still no timeline in live view. The only way to get time line is if in live view I click the gear icon then go back to live view I get a little pop up at the bottom asking if I would like to see past events instead. If I click the pop up it takes me to timeline. I’m on Android and running version 3.44.0 for the ring app
I am going through the same. Don’t know why it removed itself.
I am having the same issue and it just happened within the resent past. I tried turning off timeline, closing app, reopening, toggling back on, closed app, reopened.
Has some sort of update happened behind the screens?
Seems odd this randomly just happened to several people.
I’m using iso app version 5.44.0.
Are you able to help the rest of us on this thread? Sadly the toggling didn’t resolve this for myself and other.
Thanks so much
For those of you who are still experiencing problems, it might be helpful if you could provide more details:
- Which OS version of the Ring app are you using (i.e., Android, IOS, iPadOS, Mac, or Windows)
- Even if you are not using an iPadOS device, have you tried the using the basic strategy found in the “Event Timeline on Live View Not Working” thread? In other words, ensuring that:
- The “Event History Timeline” setting is turned ON in the Account Settings screen
- The “Tap Camera Preview for Live View” video setting is (individually) turned OFF for each device that is affected
The detailed steps in the above-mentioned thread are designed to change the Ring app user interface to display the “Event History Timeline” screen when you perform either of the following steps:
- Tap the "Camera Preview” Tile on the Ring app Dashboard
- Terminate a Live View session that was initiated from an Event History Timeline screen.
If you have tried using the strategy in the above-mentioned thread and are still unhappy, is it because:
- You are trying to change the Ring app user interface in a different manner and/or
- Different versions of the Ring app work differently and/or
- There is one or more additional bugs in the Ring app (in addition to having one or more of your Ring settings changed without your knowledge/permission.)