Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
This camera is useless
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting
motion-settings

I woke up to a car in my driveway. I look at my ring notification. There’s no video or notification of this car pulling into the driveway or the person getting out.
But yet in the evening I get a bunch of notifications of car driving on the streets even though my motion zone is only for my yard.
For a service we have to pay for it is definitely not reliable

20-02-2024 02:29:23

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user77609. Ring Cameras and Doorbells are designed to detect and alert you to visitors at your property, but you may need to adjust the motion settings until you find the combination that works best for you. This includes adjusting your Motion Zones and Motion Sensitivity, as well as looking at your Smart Alerts settings (available with a Ring Protect plan). In addition, check your Modes settings to make sure you do not have motion detection turned off in a particular Mode.

Lastly, it’s also important to consider the placement and positioning of your Ring Camera. If your Camera is installed outdoors, we recommend an installation height of about 9 feet off the ground. Angling your Camera up or down too much will negatively impact its ability to detect motion. For further troubleshooting assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch by sending a private message on Facebook @Ring.

21-02-2024 07:37:49

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User