thinking of purchasing

I am considering purchasing a ring alarm, but I have a few questions. I already own a ring doorbell and really like it.

I have teenagers. If I am at home alone and enable the alarm and my kids come in the house, will they set off the alarm immediately, or will they have time to disable it?

Good question @paula001! The Alarm does feature entry/ exit delay settings that can be customized per mode. This system is designed to be easily tailored to fit most environments or scenarios. You may also find interest in the Users and Roles which can be assigned by the owner, to grant customized access to family or friends.

To be specific . . . you can set each door or window sensor to either alarm immediately, or have a delay (which you can designate, up to 2 minutes). So what ever door they may enter, you would just need to make sure that door(s) is set with a delay.

1 Like

I have 30 second delays set up for all entry and exits in home mode, but tonight I forgot to disarm the alarm and when I opened the door, it started blaring immediately. Thoughts on how to resolve this?

Hey @paula001! Excellent job checking on your Entry/ Exit delay times. This is the most common cause of false alarms. The next thing I recommend checking is that your Contact Sensor or Motion Sensor is not configured in a way to trigger the Alarm immediately. For instance, if your Contact Sensor is listed as a “window” in placement, it will trigger the Alarm immediately.

To alter these setting, try the following:

1. Open the Ring app
  2. Tap the menu (top left)
  3. Select Devices
  4. Select Alarm
  5. Select Contact Sensor
  6. Tap the settings cog (top right)
  7. Select Placement
  8. Ensure it is set for a Door.

Follow these steps to double-check all sensors and Motion Detectors are set how you are intending to use them. Let us know if this works! :slight_smile:

I don’t know a thing about these, other than just watching a YouTube video or two. I’ve seen some TV advertising.

I’m going to ask what I know is surely a most ignorant question: Does the doorbell ringer mounted outside the front door have a removable battery that would be accessible to anyone walking up to it?

I’m sure this is probably not the case, but I can’t seem to find out by posing this question to Google. I’m interested in purchasing one online on Black Friday, so that doesn’t give me a lot of time to get this researched properly.

Thanks in advance for your input.

1 Like

@earl_pitts wrote:

I don’t know a thing about these, other than just watching a YouTube video or two. I’ve seen some TV advertising.

I’m going to ask what I know is surely a most ignorant question: Does the doorbell ringer mounted outside the front door have a removable battery that would be accessible to anyone walking up to it?

I’m sure this is probably not the case, but I can’t seem to find out by posing this question to Google. I’m interested in purchasing one online on Black Friday, so that doesn’t give me a lot of time to get this researched properly.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Doorbell uses an internal rechargeable battery (can be hardwired)

Doorbell 2 uses a removable battery pack (can be hardwired)

Peephole Cam uses a removable battery pack but it’s inside the house

Doorbell Pro uses your existing doorbell wiring transformer for power.

Doorbell Pro Elite uses power over ethernet

They all have security screws to prevent them from being stolen.

1 Like