"they're penetrating the bureaucracy!" - Frustrated by poor response from Customer Support

I am very frustrated that I’ve contacted Ring four times in the past week to get a status on parts missing from my $400 order and cannot get an answer. My issue was “escalated” to account logistics, it took “Patrick” three days to respond and he’s sending the wrong parts. I tried calling again last night and got the same “escalation”. It seems I am going to have to wait another week to find out if someone will help me. They sent all of the accessories, but not the alarm base. I’m dead in the water, I can’t even get started. It’s making me question if I can trust Ring to monitor my home; Will it take them 72 hours to respond to an alarm? It feels like the scene from the movie “The Incredibles” where the boss at the insurance company yells at the dad for being too helpful, “they’re penetrating the bureaucracy!” Does anyone have any tips on how to reach a real person in account logistics?

1 Like

Sorry for your frustrations. There is really no alternative than to just call again. Ask for a manager or supervisor and express your frustrations. Try to get their direct contact info and ask for email followup. See if you can get an email from the person while you are online and see if they can see a response to that email.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this experience, @wired! @trail-explorer is correct, reaching back out to our support team will get this resolved the quickest. Reaching out by phone is the best way to get in depth assistance on the matter. If you are looking for an update/ information on this order, you can chat in to support from Ring.com, depending on your region. As you mentioned seeing an incorrect part sent out, it may be best to call.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Once you’ve got everything squared away with your shipment, feel free to return to the Community with any questions or feedback on your Alarm system. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@wired I’m in the same boat. Ordered a bunch of stuff earlier this year. Around $800 worth. Missing my Echo Show 10 + Outdoor Smart Plug. Was just “escalated” to account logistics today. I’ve gotten a hold of support a couple of times because of the missing items. First two times was because they were out of stock and back ordered. “But rest assured, when they are in stock, you’ll receive your items”. This was back in June. I have received everything else.

1 Like

@ringerone , Wow, I would be through the roof. I thought ordering direct would be better. I’ve had great experience with Best Buy’s customer support, I guess I’m going to have to stick to that model.
All the best, best of luck.

1 Like

@wired Agree. I got my last doorbell 4, plus a couple of chimes at home depot. Much easier process.

1 Like

Hello @Marley_Ring,

I tried the phone route. The individual could not do anything except tell me that my issue had been escalated to account logistics. They could not set my expectations on when I would receive a response, they could not provide a ticket number to help me feel like the issue was being followed, they could not send me to a manager, they could not connect me to account logistics. No alternatives to watching my email for 72 hours hoping to get a response.

I travel for work, my spouse puts up with a lot because of it. The ONE THING she asked for was an alarm for the house. I have been pleased with the Ring cameras and was excited to move to the Ring alarm after lightning took out our old alarm. It’s been a very disappointing turn of events.

I suggest that Ring take a serious look at call & support escalation. Contact with a hardware customer and protect plan subscriber, five days in a row should have generated a big red flag for direct follow up.

Instead, my wife is annoyed and I am left to beg for help on a message board and social media.

Thank you,
wired

1 Like

Ha, same here. My wife is annoyed as well. She is the one that bought everything! :beers:

1 Like

Update
I finally heard from a Neighbor Advocate after sending an email to the president of the company. The best they could do was tell me the part I ordered on August 20th would not ship until OCTOBER 22nd. They gave me the option of waiting or returning my order. I am just so very disappointed. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE.
I have decided to return the entire order. Unfortunately, I prepaid for the ProtectPlus through May. I will use the time to find a replacement camera platform.
@wired