Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
W
There was an error while trying to play the video - Pop up message
trending
event-history-timeline
Video History Playback is buggy on my laptop. I was able to playback a certain video several times in the Ring Event History page. The video is from 3 days ago. Then, the video won't play back in the History section. A red pop-up message come up. It says: "There was an error while trying to play the video." But.... I can get a share link, and that video does play back through the share link. Also, the videos play back that were captured today with no problem. The videos are obviously there in the cloud, but something buggy is keeping them from playing back... This is just an FYI. If it's a program bug, then others will encounter it to. I use Windows 8.1 and Firefox ver. 112.0

18-04-2023 12:11:47

Responses (2)

J
Hi @Web_Eye. Thank you for sharing that information with us. Rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, please verify that you do not have a VPN active on your desktop that could be affecting your recordings. I will be marking this as a solution so others know that we are aware of this issue and that it is being worked on to be resolved. When we have an update available, we will come back and comment here. Thank you for your time and patience.

19-04-2023 06:24:07

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

19-05-2023 06:25:04

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User