The speaker on my ring camera works terrible

My speaker on my ring camera works terrible. Already tried putting the camera close by the router. But everytime I try speaking through it, through the other side (the camera side) it sounds like I’m eating the microphone.

My internet connection appears to work great.

Cheers.

Hi @VMG. Can you please share an example of the audio you’re hearing from your Ring Camera? When attaching this video, you will need to gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply.

Every audio on the history tab sounds great.
Its live that’s the problem.

@VMG. Are you able to have someone record the audio coming from the Camera? If the audio sounds normal on all of the recordings on the Event History tab, you may need to use a different smartphone or tablet to take a quick recording of how the audio coming from the Camera sounds.

If you’re not able to do this, a common device troubleshooting step would be to reset your Ring Camera. You can do this by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After this reset is done, set the Camera back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

Just installed 2 stick up cameras and 2 inside plugin cameras and ALL Suffer from unintelligible sound OUTPUT FROM THE SPEAKER. This is NOT the recorded sound it’s the volume of the cam speaker…it’s USELESS. RSSI is great not a router issue 1 gig FIOS! This is using either an Android or Iphone or PC!!!

I too had this problem and it can be a connection issue, internet issues, or the camera itself. The only way to fix it is by first testing your internet connection then making sure you have a good WIFI connection if you use WIFI and if those aren’t the problems then it is the camera itself.

Hi @larrybed4. You can also try these steps for audio concerns:

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.