The dome alarm siren

The dome alarm siren is said to require an installation kit, but there’s not one listed. What is it?

@wishin wrote:

The dome alarm siren is said to require an installation kit, but there’s not one listed. What is it?

Hello @wishin ,

I own a Dome Siren and there is not an ‘Installation Kit’ that I’m aware of.

It can be mounted/installed on a wall, either by a small screw (screw not included) or secured by the double-sided tape (tape is included), or just placed on a table.

It does require a Ring Alarm Base Station to be Z-Wave connected to your Ring Alarm system.

1 Like

Thank you. Ring Needs the change their statement on the accessories page which says an installation kit is required.

1 Like

@wishin wrote:

Thank you. Ring Needs the change their statement on the accessories page which says an installation kit is required.

You are welcome @wishin :slight_smile:

I had checked the Ring website when you first mentioned the required “installation kit” and I could not find it. So, I just rechecked and I now see what you are referring to. How the Ring website states under the Installation tab:

• Installation
    Operating Conditions 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
    Setup Requirements Ring Alarm Kit (sold separately)

I can see how you might have misunderstood. It is not saying your need a separate “Installation Kit” for the Dome Siren. It is saying that the Dome Siren requires that you own a “Ring Alarm” kit, such as:

https://shop.ring.com/products/security-system-alarm-5

The Ring Alarm Security system (kit) is required for the Dome Siren to connect to the Alarm Base Station (using a Z-Wave frequency). The Dome Siren is not a “Stand Alone” device. You cannot connect the Dome Siren directly to your Ring App (without the Alarm Base Station). You use your Ring App to ‘talk’ to the Alarm Base Station, which ‘talks’ to the Dome Siren. Ring calls it a Alarm Security “kit” because you cannot purchase the Alarm Base Station separately (Base Station only comes with a bundled ‘kit’). The Base Station is the “heart” of the Security kit for all the Alarm Sensors and Keypads to connect to using Z-Wave frequency (not Wi-Fi).

I hope you find this information helpful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes