The App is still reporting that my doorbell is 'setup incomplete'

The App is sayng my doorbell is setup incomplete with green ticks against all the options bar “Chime Connection” but with the word ‘Required’ in red underneath Physical Installation, Chime Connection and Motion Setttings. Other than not doing up my security screw yet the Physical Installation is complete, I don’t have a Chime (I’m wired to the old mechanical doorbell) and I have set motion settings as I want them in the App. How do I make it stop nagging me?

2 Likes

I am having the same exact issue. I already changed device settings / in home chime settings, to use my own digital doorbell. It’s working successfully, but I can’t get rid of the “incomplete setup” notification.

Hi Neighbors. You can always try to reset the device and reconnect it to wifi. You can do this by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing. Allow the Doorbell 1 minute to reboot, then reconnect it to wifi. This will prompt the Doorbell to do an update.

If after this your Doorbell is still giving you this error, contact our support team to get this resolved. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I uninstalled the App, re-installed the app, logged back in and the notifaction seems to be gone that “Set-up is incomplete”.

2 Likes

Yes this worked for me, thanks !

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. What is it that worked for you BriGraz? Was it resetting or reinstalling the app? Thanks.

It was just deleting the app and reinstalling from the App Store and signing back in.
( Also I tried restarting the doorbell yesterday and went thru the whole install process again and it didn’t work)

Thank you BriGraz. Just uninstalled and reinstalled and no more annoying ‘setup incomplete’ message.

1 Like

I have tried everything in the thread above and still struggling with set up incomplete, my password entry is correct , please help ?