Terrible product

I purchased a ring doorbell2 on July 5th. It works fine for 2-3 weeks. But the battery was dead within 2 weeks. I had to charge it a couple time. So I decided to hardwire it with a transformer. It stays “hard wired” for 1 week.
Today it says battery is very low even it is hardwired. So I took it off from my door frame and use a usb cable to charge. But it does not charge. I tried many different mini usb cable and usb power supplies. None of them work. The battery does to charge up.
And it passed 30 days so I cannot return it.
What a junk product.

Hi @Jaylu. With knowing that you hardwired direct to transformer, what size resistor did you use? The resistor is crucial to making sure that the Doorbell receives the correct amount of Voltage. This Help Center article here covers the necessary requirements. I would review that information and contact our support team for any further questions. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.