Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
Terrible product... inconsistent
negative-feedback
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
I've had Ring for a couple of years. Patience is my biggest virtue. The camera works... until it doesn't. The dashboard is available... until it isn't. The live view works... until it doesn't. My account is available... until it. isn't. I don't even bother with live view anymore when I answer the door. I use my peephole instead because the live view takes a good 30-45 seconds to go online. Right now, I can get video history, but not a live view. So I know the camera is connected. The ONLY thing that works consistently is the motion-activated chime. And I'm paying for this!!!

19-01-2022 06:14:12

Responses (4)

By the way... I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iPhone. But now it won't let me log into my account on the phone. It keeps telling me there is an unexpected error and to try again. So, I do. And I do. And I do. Still can't get it to work on my iPhone. This is the entire reason I have Ring... so I can check from my dang phone! I don't carry my laptop with me everywhere.

19-01-2022 06:21:53

C
Hi @5a22eb9e167780583e16b3023fae6c. Connectivity concerns like what you're experiencing are typically due to the connection that your Ring Doorbell has. I'd recommend checking the RSSI on your Doorbell and seeing if it's on the higher end, as that could cause delays in activating the Live View as well as temporary disconnections. You can find more information on RSSI in our Community Post on the topic [here](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229#M4), and we have more information on wifi in our Help Center Article [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020044511-How-to-Make-Wifi-Work-For-You). that may have some helpful tips as well.

19-01-2022 07:45:38

J
I agree. I'm so ready to sell all of my cameras (10 of them) and move back to a real CCTV system that actually works. The app is now so bad that all of my settings get reset regularly, which forces me to spend 30-40 minutes fixing everything weekly. Ring took a fairly good product and ruined it.

20-01-2023 11:29:41

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

19-02-2023 11:30:26

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User