Terrible customer service 0/10

So I just bought the wires corner kit for the Ring door bell wired and Ring failed to include the correct B screws.

So purchased the Ring Wired corner kit,
and Ring failed to include the right screws. While on the phone with a rep, she sends me the wrong screws, as I already for saw after telling her multiple times that the screws she is sending me may not be correct ones. Long and behold, the screws she sent out to me were in fact the wrong screws. I call customer service again and after 40mins, they can’t find and process me the screws I need. Instead, the solution for this inconvenience is to purchase the spare screws for a separate Ring doorbell for $1.99 + $3.00 shipping, when I paid $9.99 for the corner kit?

No thanks, I’ll be returning the Ring doorbell wired as well as the corner kit. I’ve never dealt with a more incompetent customer service team in my life. All the great things I supposedly heard about Ring were all unicorn talk. Terrible customer service support.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this, @Ppll4! Our support team should certainly be able to get you the installation hardware needed for your Corner Kit. The spare parts kits might be a good solution as it contains screws, but I can understand not wanting to make further unnecessary purchases. Alternatively, we’ve seen neighbors share success with visiting their local hardware store , or matching it with screws they might already have.

Otherwise, the best solution will come from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.