My first generation contact sensor fell and then showed that it was tampered and I couldn’t fix it (even after removing it from my dashboard and reconfiguring it). I decided to get a new contact sensor (second generation) and officially remove the tampered device from my Ring system. The new contact sensor joined my system perfectly fine, but when I go to arm my home it still says that I have a tampered device and need to bypass that sensor. How do I remove the tampered device? It’s brand new!
Hi @adedrick7! It sounds like you did everything correctly, and should not be receiving a tampered message as long as the old Sensor was removed completely. Please ensure this message is not for your new Sensor by double checking the cover, and that the door is in closed position.
If you still have the old Sensor, try removing it again in your Ring app if you believe it is still interfering. This can be done in the Ring app by following these steps:
- From the Ring app dashboard, open the Menu
- Select Devices > select Alarm System > select Base Station.
- On the Base Station page, tap the settings cog in the top right corner.
- Select Advanced Options > select Z-Wave > select Remove Z-Wave Device.
- Here you will be prompted to remove this Sensor.
If the old Sensor still shows up in your device’s list, you can also visit the Sensor page to tap the settings cog there, and Remove Failed Device in the advanced options for that Sensor. I hope this helps!