Taking Back Ownership

I let my tenant use my Ring doorbell during her lease and now she cannot remember her email or how to gain access to her email address. I allowed her to take ownership but she said she lost her previous phone and cannot access her passwords, emails or Ring account. How do I gain back ownership for the next tenant? I have had the Ring doorbell on the account for years at the same residence, if that helps.

Hi @user898241127. The easiest option is for the tenant to work with our support team to get logged back into their account so they can remove the Ring Doorbell. This would allow you to set it back up under your Ring account as the owner.

If the previous tenant doesn’t want to do that, your next option is to attempt to set up the Ring Doorbell under your Ring account and follow the prompts for a device ownership transfer. You can read more about this process here. The transfer process can take 15 days or more from the request date, depending on what action is taken by the previous owner (which would be the tenant in this case).