T-Mobile Internet

I switched to T-Mobile internet and my Ring Video Doorbell 4 (improved) will not connect to it. Why?

I have a similar issue with T-mobile home internet and my doorbell. All other ring cameras and devices work normally, but the doorbell will not give me motion notifications. I had a doorbell 3 that would not update over T-Mobile, and they sent me a 4th gen doorbell, same issue. I went to my family’s house who has AT&T internet and was able to connect both doorbells, they both completed the firmware update, and all the functions were working. Came home and reconnected to T-Mobile wifi and the motion notifications still don’t work. I can view live video if I manually go into the app.

Hi neighbors. If your Video Doorbell is not connected to your wifi network, you will need to reconnect it using these steps. If you have a VPN, make sure it is turned off or is set to exclude Ring traffic. As for motion alerts, these should work if your phone and the Doorbell are connected to wifi. Ensure Motion Alerts are toggled on in the device profile page, and that you do not have Motion Snooze enabled. It as also worth checking your Geofence settings, as there is a notification snooze built into the feature.

If these troubleshooting steps don’t help, and you are unable to receive motion alerts for your Doorbell, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.