System Went Offline, help needed

My alarm system was armed, andI am out of town for a few weeks. App now says “offline” and I cannot control system. Asked a neighbor with my key to go in house, and alarm sounded. Keypad would not disarm when code provided. Neighbor left and closed door, alarm shut off in ten minutes. My app still shows offline. What can I do?

Hi there, @alkraut! It is possible your Alarm system has lost connection to the network, and is operating on cellular backup. In most cases of a lost network connection, power would also be out, but in this case it sounds to only be connection. Thus, your battery backup may not kick in, but your cellular back up could.

When your Alarm is operating on backup, operation from the Ring app is limited, but you should still be able to check the status and mode. Here is our help center article to explain this further.

If you feel that this instance is not related to the above factors, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Thank You Marley. My system is self monitored and I do not have a Ring Protect plan which is required for cellular backup. I know my WIFi is up and running as other systems (Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Ring camera) are visible on my iPhone. My app still shows “offline” for that location (I have two homes, both with Ring systems).
So my issue is how to deal with the situation when I enter the house next month and the alarm goes off. Pull the plug while alarm is ringing? Then what? Thank you

Hi @alkraut. In this case, I would contact our Alarm Support Team. If you Ring Alarm is Offline and you don’t have a protection plan, then then alarm should sound. This is something will require further investigation.

In the event of cellular backup, does professional monitoring not kick in?

Hi @user20056. Professional Monitoring must be enabled before Cellular Backup occurs, as you cannot swap to Professional Monitoring when your Ring Alarm is on Cellular Backup. You also will need a valid Ring Protect Plus or Pro subscription in order to have the Cellular Backup feature available.